We build leadership to achieve Sustainable Development guided by the Sustainable Development Goals, challenging and supporting a cohort of Young people to collaborate across countries to find innovative and sustainable solutions that improve people’s lives.
“The future of humanity and of our planet lies in our hands. It lies also in the hands of today's younger generation who will pass the torch to future generations.” 2030 Agenda
The SDGs are ambitious and complex and require innovative solutions and action-oriented implementation. At the same time, the world is becoming more and more inter-connected in a globalised world. People can come together across communities and generations to find holistic solutions that protect the planet and to champion change. Young people, in particular, have the potential to serve as change makers through interaction, experience, experimentation and finding solutions to local and global issues of development.
General Characteristics of the Fellowship
The general characteristics of the LFLW model consists of the following:
- The Fellowship will adopt and be based on principles of Experiential learningthat would enhance the capacity of Individuals and the Member Institutions to achieve leadership in Sustainable Development - guided by, but not limited to the SDGs
- The Fellowship will consist of a Learning component– enhancing the process of knowledge production throughout the duration of the programme.
- Member institutions necessarily have a Sustainable Development focusand conduct development activities in their respective countries.
- Member institutions will agree to send X fellows (paying for travel) and host X fellows (arrange for modest accommodation)
- Member Institutions will announce Fellowship opportunities and prospective fellows can apply and compete internally within their institutions to obtain a fellowship placement with an overseas Member Institution
- The Length of fellowship is One Month to Three Months depending on Visa restrictions and the capacity of Member Institutions to host fellows.
Our Core Values
▸Inner transformation- Personal awakening & transformation leading to
awakening & transforming Global Communities
▸Experiential Learning- a well-grounded, practical approach to
observation, problem solving, learning, ‘un-learning’, conceptualizing
and active experimenting
▸Mutual Respect- tolerance, diversity, equality, respecting values
▸Sharing- knowledge, skills, resources, alternative approaches/solutions
▸Linkage/Network- a community of practitioners, a network of future
mentors, a global network of alumni, a network of strong partner
▸Flexibility-flexible development approach,
language should not be a hindrance to the learning process
Meet the Team
Write something about the people who make your business go or your philosophy behind customer service.
Why? Because people want to know who they're doing business with. It's a human thing.
Founding Advisor - Teach for Nepal
Founding Advisor & Director
Founding Advisor - SOJAG
Founding Advisor - Aga Khan University East Africa